none
  • May 5th - 7th, 2023
  • Indiana Convention Center
  • }Fri 12:30 - 10 | Sat 10:30 - 10 | Sun 10:30 - 5

COSPLAY CONTEST

#ICC22 Cosplay Contest 

Where: Room 500R, Indiana Convention Center 

When: Saturday, April 16th, 2022 

Congratulations to the #ICC22 Cosplay Contest Finalists!

See the full list through the button below. Contestants check your email for more details.

Cosplay Contest Submissions are CLOSED!! 

Thank you for your interest in being part of the Indiana Comic Convention’s Cosplay Contest! We can’t wait to see your amazing creations! This year the cosplay contest has a different layout from events in the past.

Please look over all of the info so that you are up to date and have the best chance to be accepted into the contest and win!

Submissions were accepted until Feb 28th, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST.

You will be notified of your participation status via email in mid-March. Be sure to add [email protected] to your address book

Cosplay Contest Prizes
* Youth
– Runner Up: $200
– First Place: $500
* Novice
– Runner Up: $200
– First Place: $500
* Intermediate
– Runner Up: $200
– First Place: $500
* Group
– Runner Up: $200
– First Place: $500
* Master
– Runner Up: $200
– First Place: $500
* Best In Show:
– $5,000
– Automatic entry into the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention Cosplay Contest
– 1 Roundtrip economy flight to Salt Lake City, UT from your nearest major airport
– 1 hotel room in a FanX affiliate hotel for the duration of this year’s FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention
– 1 Three-Day General Admission passes to FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention
Cosplay Contest FAQs
Do I have to be present to win?
Yes, you must be present at the contest to win. If your cosplay is accepted to the contest, “In-Person” judging will be held on the Saturday of the convention in the late morning. The official Cosplay Contest will be held on the Saturday of the convention in the evening. More details will be provided to those who advance to the “In-Person” round.
How many rounds/cuts are there for the cosplay contest? Basically, how does it all work?
    • Round 1: Online Submissions: Applying to compete for the cosplay contest. This is the only round with cuts.
    • Round 2: In-Person: Live judging on the Saturday morning of the convention.
    • Round 3: On Stage: Live showcase and competition on the Saturday evening of the convention.
Can I compete if I commissioned some of my cosplay?
You are able to have up to 25% of your cosplay commissioned, while the remaining 75% must be made by the registered contestant.
What if I’ve already won a prize at an Imaginarium comic convention with this cosplay?
Cosplays that have received an award in a previous Imaginarium cosplay contest are not eligible. This includes Tampa Bay Comic Convention, ATL Comic Convention, and Indiana Comic Convention.
What if I am a cosplay model, and the creator wants me to compete in their cosplay?
The creator of the cosplay must be present for “In Person” judging and they must be present in Star Theater with their model for the “On Stage” portion as well.
Can I enter multiple cosplays?
During the online submission, you can enter as many cosplays as you want BUT only one cosplay per contestant is allowed to move past the online submission phase and you can only participate in a single category.  In the event both of your entries are accepted, you will be contacted for a decision on which category you want to participate in.
Can I bring props or replica weapons with my competing cosplay?
Please take note of our convention’s weapon policy for the convention and how it relates to your cosplay. This can be found on the FAQ page of www.indianacomicconvention.com.
Can I enter into the contest if I live out of state or country?
Yes, though if you advance from the “Online Submission” portion into the official cosplay contest, our judging panel will see you in person the morning of the contest at the convention center, and you must be able to take to the stage later that night during the “On Stage” portion of the contest as well.\
Will the judges move me into another category?
No, if you fit the criteria for your category, then that is where you will stay.
When will I be contacted to know if I have moved past the “Online Submission” portion?
Our judging panel works super hard to give each and every submission the proper attention it deserves. With that being said, we are unable to give a concrete date and time when all contestants will be notified. We will notify everyone who registered when the online submission portion is complete.
Why can’t everyone move past the online submission process in the contest?
We are thrilled to have so many amazing entries each year, but because we are only given a certain amount of time in Star Theater during the convention, we need to make sure that we stay within a certain time frame.
Thank you, and good luck, cosplayer!
May the odds be ever in your favor.